Friday, July 28, 2006

There's no other way, to better say...

For a week or so now, I've had that Natasha Bedingfield "These Words" song in my head. It runs over and over. "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!" The sentiment is exactly right for my life right now, but man does that song get annoying.

Since S has been gone for a few days to an area without easy access to cell service (they're working on a road cleanup in an area that is only open during the non-winter months), I decided yesterday to stop by his Grandma and mom's house to visit and show them pictures and talk. In showing them the photos, I think his mom really realized how much I miss him and how much I actually care about him. There was a lot of "aww"ing. When I was there, the phone rang, his mom answered, and guess who it was but the man himself. He called back on my cell phone and talked to each of us for a while, which was lovely. Hearing that little, "Hi honey!" is excellent after a few days of not talking.

Apparently, their crew is headed to Fairbanks on Saturday and is going to be in that area until the end of August, which is good news. The beginning of next month brings us to about two months to go before he's back, but I know he is where he's supposed to be, way up there in Alaska. Such a huge blessing, though, that he's been in areas of civilization and can keep the women in his life happy and unworried.

No comments: