Sunday, July 23, 2006

A small miracle

S told me a few days ago, actually Wednesday night, that his crew would be headed out to the boondocks of Alaska (actually the majority of Alaska is this way) and might not have cell service for three weeks. I was, admittedly, a little sad to hear this. I have been spoiled in being able to talk to him nearly every day since he's been near Anchorage, which was at the beginning of May.

I try not to take it for granted that he can call and just chat at random points in the day when he has down time. I try to tell him how much I appreciate his attention even when he's 2,000+ miles away.

Then yesterday, he found out that project fell through. His crew is now going to Eklutna instead, and according to T-Mobile's coverage check, there's service all along the Old Glenn Highway where he's headed. God willing, he'll be able to call me, even if it is sporadically.

1 comment:

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

I'm curious ... what does S do?

Too bad he didn't get to hit Alaska, I desperately want to visit it!