Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Is it any wonder?

Went by S's house to drop off some raspberries. Our garden is going crazy with them, and we still have a bunch frozen from last year. Grandma Dolores was there, about to be picked up for a luncheon on the other end of town, and we chatted for a bit. I missed stopping by there when I was so busy with school. She was really pleased to see me, and I was glad to see her looking healthy and on her feet after her hip surgery a while ago.

After her ride arrived, I played with Zipper the akita for about 15 minutes before I had to leave for work. She's such a playful dog; it really makes me want one of my own. I threw around a knotted piece of rope for a while until Zipper was panting really hard on this warm, sunny day. I got her some fresh, cold water and she lapped at it for a few minutes before I left.

This evening, I have plans to go to meet with some college friends in Maple Grove. Depending upon when I leave and how traffic is, I may stop at a few of the shops near the restaurant (Anthropologie, specifically, since I'm hoping for a new dress for my cousin Matt's wedding in September), then eat something delicious with my old "giggle corner" pals, Kelly and Sara. Should be fun.

No comments: