Monday, April 24, 2006

I've been trying to get back to the center

Just saw a Cathedral kid here at the library, a senior. Was reminded how lots of kids, my sister's former classmates in the class of 2005, are going to be coming back to our town for the summer. This means shindigs and parties and soirees starting in mid-May and going until September, no doubt. This makes me happy because I like many of my sister's friends and count them as my own, and this also means something to do, which I don't have right now.

My Catholic Apologetics class wrapped up last week, which means I now have Tuesday evenings free. I'm going to check with a co-worker who plays piano and also takes voice lessons with my teacher if she would like to have an "evening of song" sometime soon. Got the sheet music I ordered for possible wedding music. Need to test it out, see if the arrangement is too simple or if it's the right vocal range.

I have three weeks before my graduate school class begins, which can't come soon enough. I think S leaves for a three-week trek, doing trail work out of cell service area, further north. I'm going to have to figure out a new way to be comforted in times of stress, and I need to let go of some crap that I'm just holding onto to make problems. Everything is okay, and I am blessed to be able to call S my boyfriend.

Note to self: discuss medical insurance stuff with mom.

No comments: