Sunday, April 30, 2006

I can't see why you'd want to live here

My 25th birthday on Thursday was at least pretty okay. Went out to lunch with my mom and Cata, had tiramisu with a candle thanks to Cata, got flowers from both of them, presents from my mom (sweet slip-on Vans, soundtrack to the Rosemary & Thyme television series), cards, phone calls from friends, etc. Also had a good voice lesson and am making progress. Finally got to open my card from S which he gave me before he left and told me to save for the day; very nice, love reading his little notes to me. When I got to work on Saturday, I found a card in my inbox there, and I thought at first that it was from co-workers, but didn't think they did much for birthdays unless I would have worked that day, which I didn't. The card turned out to be from S's mom and grandma, which was probably one of the best feelings in the world, or one of the best feelings I've ever had. His mom must have dropped it off at the library for me, which touches me beyond all reason.

I went to Calvary Chapel today, which is where S and I have been going to our Bible study and some Sunday services. It was kind of strange to be there, because I've never gone without him, but everyone seemed glad to see me, or told me they were glad to see me. I stayed for fellowship, which isn't totally like me, but I felt comfortable and not sad. Got to talk to some people I knew and a couple new people. The Pastor's message was also very interesting, on 2 Samuel 13, because we've been going through Samuel for a while now. Kind of a serious topic, and I wished S could have heard it. I hope there's a podcast version of it eventually.

I got my syllabus for my Introduction to Library and Information Sciences class, so now I know what my homework is. This is good for me, because I have something to work on (there's a project due the first week of class!) and I can kind of ease into it when I have free time, which is often. I'm going to start the readings so I can just review them before classes begin in order to have things to say. I ordered my textbooks online, and I'm fairly certain the financial aid stuff is worked out. I'm getting excited to learn. I'm getting excited to have the weeks fly by. I'm also getting excited for my cousin's wedding at the end of June. I'm also going to try to come up with something to occupy my time in July and August before it's back to school books in September.

2 comments:

melanie.feyerherm said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
melanie.feyerherm said...

I'm glad you had a good day, Thursday! I'm getting some slip-on Vans, too! They're from my sister, but they haven't arrived yet. Man, we really ARE birthday buddies. we even get similar gifts!