Saturday, April 15, 2006

I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in and stops my mind from wandering where it will go

I feel so much better today than I did yesterday. A couple calls from S, though short, lifted my mood, and eating some tacos (on Good Friday, I know, I'm awful) helped my lack of interest in food. I think I may be a bit lovesick, situationally depressed from the temporary loss of my "man," as one of my co-workers keeps calling him. "So did your man leave you? How long did you cry when your man left?" and etc. The text message from S around 2am also keeps popping into my head and makes me smile. I have a good "man."

Andrea and I are going to Minneapolis tonight to rock out at the Triple Rock to see some bands (five?!) we like, namely Circa Survive and Saves The Day. I think this will be the fourth time I will see Saves The Day, and the second time I've seen Moneen. I don't even remember the last time I saw Moneen, but they are on my Live List so there it is. I think we're going to see Andrea's boyfriend, Chris, either before the show or after to hang out. Chris is rad, so that should be fun. I love that I like Andrea's boyfriend.

I think I got some sun yesterday from sitting outside reading "Library: An Unquiet History" by Matthew Battles and listening to music on my iPod. That is one of the great advancements of our modern age--the ease in which we can listen to music while out-of-doors. Imagine having a pianoforte out in the garden in Jane Austen's era, 1780-1820 or so. Ladies in hats and gloves tinkering away to create a country air in the country air.

No comments: