Thursday, April 20, 2006

I am also the moon in the trees and the blind woman's tea cup

Today I subbed at the Waite Park Library, which went well. It's great to have the option of subbing for some extra money, but also to be able to turn down sub dates if I just want a day off. I don't depend on them the way I used to when I worked only in branch libraries. Working at the main library has been really great all-around.

I also had a voice lesson earlier today and actually got to sing. My teacher had started me back in lessons with some work on my jaw (I tend to clench it and do other weird things) and the placement of vowels when I sing, but we worked on a few pieces in Italian and I sang through them, not ruining them completely. I guess my standard for myself when I sing is a lot higher than for people who are hearing me sing, so I'm not going to stress out about singing for Simon and Eve's wedding in June. I really do want to start practicing, so I ordered some sheet music and I've already found someone who will play piano so I can practice, so that's exciting.

I work all day tomorrow but I'm going to take my cousin Emily out to dinner at Mexican Village, because she will be 13 years old! Her mom and older sister are in Ecuador visiting my cousin Angie, so (I found out on Tuesday) Emily is kind of "on her own" as far as her birthday goes. She has a party next week, but I said we should "do it up" and maybe even go to a PG-13 movie...

No comments: