Saturday, June 17, 2006

In the palm of my hand

I have a little counter on my Dashboard widgets, and it's a countdown to S's last day of work in Alaska. Today marks 110 days until he's done, or it marks 110 days until October 5, which is when he said his last day is. I want him to come back, hang out, find a job he can stand, date him again. This very serious relationship stuff is good, too, but I miss the fun of being with him.

Listening to Dido while it rains and the house is empty. The family left for vacation, and I toil here at my computer, printing articles and reading librarian job descriptions for my paper due Monday. I need to think about my final essay and what I'm going to write in response to the two quotations given us on the first day of class. I may go out to get some coffee or take a nap later, since S called at 4:17 this morning and it took me a while to get back to sleep.

Oh love, oh life!

No comments: