Monday, June 05, 2006

And bless it, too

Got back from my class a little bit ago. Drove through practically a flash flood, but still managed to get home earlier than expected, based on the fact that I stopped for gas in St. Paul, Burger King in Maple Grove, and was only driving 40mph for a stretch between Elk River and Monticello. I think this means I have a bit of a speeding problem. Further proof:

I was also very nearly late to class again tonight, but it was worth it. I wanted to visit S's grandma Dolores and his mom, Paula, and I had baked banana bread this morning and made a little loaf to bring over along with photos from Alaska. So I went over and got to talking with Paula and didn't leave their house until close to 4:30—yikes!

When I got into Coeur de Catherine, the building which houses the Masters of Library and Information Sciences program, I practically ran down to the classroom, then checked my watch. It was only 5:57, so I breathed a sigh of relief, and saw another classmate heading down the stairs. I waved, and he said, "If I keep up this pace, I won't be the latest one," and then he held the door for me. Ahh, the relief of being on time.

No comments: