Monday, March 13, 2006

Just wanna wake up, wake up in someone else's arms

Woke up this morning to a phone call from S and snow. He brought me breakfast of quiche his mom had made, which was lovely, and then mostly went to work on his AmeriCorps essay, deciphering the editing that had been done on it. Not sure it was a productive day for him, but he's been sleep deprived the past few days, which I take about half the credit for. Since he currently works nights, keeping him up past 3pm is just a bad idea.

My little sister started her new job today, which is awesome because now we work together. She's a library aide in my department, and is getting trained in as I write this. She knows how to do pretty much everything from working in another branch library for almost three years. I'm very excited that she's here, because it's another cool person to talk to while working. Something about coworkers just brightens my day. This makes me sound like a sap, but honestly, it's good to work with people you like.

Still in my thoughts and prayers is my cousin Eddy. I believe that tomorrow he will be brought to Bethesda Hospital in St. Paul via Air Taxi, but I haven't read an update on his condition recently. I think he is now between a 7 and a 9 on the Glasgow Coma Scale, and they have started some rehabilitation while he is still unconscious (sitting him up in bed, supporting his head). I just pray that he will be completely healed. That may take time, or God may do it miraculously in the blink of an eye. I refuse to be pessimistic about this, because I love Eddy and want him to be okay.

No comments: