Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Here's the new story

Waiting for my tea to steep. Had kind of a scratchy sore throat last night at work, came home and went to bed early, talked to S sometime around 2am when one of my sisters was banging around downstairs and woke me up, which was good because I'd meant to call him anyway. My throat isn't sore anymore, but I'm going to drink tea and take some Vitamin C and bring some cough drops to work, just in case.

I'm sort of at a loss for what to do right now. My room is kind of messy, and I should probably call my grad school to get financial information (loans 'n stuff) but I should actually probably do something that is very "Beth." I've been wondering about what has happened to my self-concept since having this relationship with S. I was used to being very, very single for a long time, and thus my self-worth and concept came from sources other than a man. Now that I am with someone, I sometimes feel a little bit outside of myself. But it's all good, because I know I am being honest about who I am, and that he likes the real me, not some front I'm putting up.

No comments: