Saturday, March 18, 2006

I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink

My mind really is on the blink. Got home from the cities around 6pm, hung out with my cousin Simon and his fiancée Eve after my St. Kate's orientation in St. Paul this morning. Didn't get a great deal of sleep last night but made it through today all right. Started crashing late this afternoon so didn't get to help address wedding invitations with Simon and Eve, but probably good I left when I did.

Ate a little when I got home, and started watching "Giant" with Rock Hudson and Elizabeth Taylor and James Dean. Interesting movie, Texas and cattle and oil and marital dynamics. The movie is as big as its title, hence my not finishing it now. Must rival "Gone with the Wind" for its epic style, except I didn't much care for Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara's love/hate relationship. Love/hate doesn't fly in the real world, at least not in my book.

Got through all the loan application items on my checklist which I scratched out on a Netflix envelope. Should I add this to my financial file? Need to renew my FAFSA, check on typical repayments for graduate loans, etc.

Listening to "The Jazz Image," which takes me back, way back. It's always been on right after "A Prairie Home Companion," which in this state needs no link. Garrison Keillor's midwestern storytelling around every Saturday dinnertime since I can remember. I always wanted to be able to weave stories like his, not using notes, just standing on a stage in his red bow tie and red socks. The closest I've gotten is a minor in creative writing, capitalized on my resumé to make it seem more important.

Time for bed; brain can't make any more observations today.

No comments: