Sunday, September 10, 2006

A post about how self-centered I really am

Crapity crap on a stick. I just realized that the Naomi Shihab Nye reading at the Loft that I was so excited to go to with my college friends is on September 30th, a day I thought I just had class and then could hop to downtown Minneapolis for a good old poetry reading and even maybe go out afterward with my friends and the said famous poet who is in literary/poetry anthologies everywhere.

But I was wrong.

I have a cousin getting married that day, so immediately after class I'm headed to the Millenium Hotel on Nicollet Mall.

Man, in my family, cousins get married all the time, but I might not get to meet Naomi frickin' Shihab Nye any other time! Ugh. I will just have to tell myself that she will be back, and she's friends with my friend, so I'll meet her sometime, just not September 30, 2006.

No comments: