Friday, September 01, 2006

Purging

Something came over me and I started cleaning out my closet and my desk and my other desk. I have this really strong urge to throw away things that I don't need or want anymore, and to get my stuff down to a minimum. Gone are lots of old scraps of paper with notes on them, receipts from years ago, and I put a bunch of grade school and high school stuff in a file box to store somewhere else in the house.

The only thing I have a really hard time parting with are books. But the thing is, I don't actually buy that many books, since I work at the library and mainly just borrow whatever I want to read. Exceptions are books I absolutely love and will read again, and I'm not going to get rid of those anyway, so it's a moot point.

After all this cleaning and organizing, I feel gross and tired. Probably will spend the rest of the afternoon lazing around, reading, listening to music, and watching yet another Cary Grant movie.

No comments: