Monday, February 26, 2007

In memoriam

This weekend has been quite draining. In addition to working on this major reference class assignment, getting over the flu, I've been feeling sad because one of S's cousins, really more like an aunt, died on Friday, probably of a heart attack. I mentioned her before here, his 'Aunt Bonnie'. She was always so cool and fun and nice to me, it's almost unbelievable that she's gone. She was 46, and her children are 20 years old and five years old. I don't feel sad for Bonnie, but I do feel really sad for little Mitchell and her husband Don and older daughter who's just in college.

The last time I saw her was at Mardi Gras, and she told me I looked so beautiful. She wanted me and S to dance more than we were, which was a lot. She always made me feel like part of the family, like one of the gang, would talk to me and ask S about me. I'm going to try to switch my work schedule a little so I can attend the funeral on Wednesday.

It's so weird that she's gone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about Bonnie, Beth. We will pray for Don and their children.