Friday, February 09, 2007

Well, that was dumb

On my way home from work, I tried to stop and get part of S's Valentine's day present, and traffic was horrendous, like it took me 25 minutes to get from the library to my suburb, and just as I drove up, the store closed. Crap.

So I came home and watched a two-week old episode of "Gilmore Girls" and then realized my DVR missed the latest episode, wherein the main character Lorelai possibly admits to her husband that she's in love with Luke! Oops. My mom saved me on this count, though, as she also captured the newest episode with the DVR my parents have upstairs. Phew.

Then I ate a bunch of those dark chocolate covered almonds. Man, those are good, but I think I ate about a half a cup of them, and then felt a little... odd. Not bad, just... squinky.

Andrea got home from work and I talked to her for a while, and it turned out that, while I thought I was being a nice, sweet sister by giving her my stupid Facebook "gift" (a fundraiser Facebook is doing for breast cancer research—$1 per gift, which are these little icons designed by the woman who designed the latest Apple logo, but you get to give one gift for free). Turns out Andrea already gave her "gift" to someone else. And I gave her a freaking puppy (icon)! Boo-urns.

Then, I read more of "O is for Outlaw" and because I've been up since 7am and didn't sleep well last night, I fell asleep on the couch, and my phone rang around 9pm. I couldn't move. I was paralyzed by sleep. Moments after my phone stopped ringing, I grabbed it and saw that it was S, and called him back. Except he didn't answer. He didn't answer the next five times I called. I figure he must be in some basement (it's Trivia Weekend and he was going to rustle up a team to help) and not getting service, what with his falling-apart-soon-to-die-completely phone.

So I decided to get up and do something, and ended up cleaning off my desk and eating a bunch of Nerds that were sitting there. They've been sitting there since sometime in December, so I figure I better finish eating them soon, or something bad may happen. Like... I'll spill them.

No comments: