Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Validation

I finally got my paper back from the professor from the project me and my partner worked on at the end of January. I got an A, which is sweet, because I actually worked hard on that thing, collecting opinions of reference librarians and comparing and contrasting two seemingly opposing ideas.

Last night in class, we got to use Dialog for the first time. It's kind of hard to describe, but essentially it's a command-line way of accessing many databases simultaneously. It's also expensive. The library where I work used to have a command-line system (Dynix blue screen DOS-style) so it made sense to me, but learning all the one-letter commands was kind of annoying. I just have one assignment using it, so I'll have to practice and do that sometime soon before I forget everything I learned last night.

No comments: