Saturday, January 13, 2007

Staying warm on a chilly day

Our dear Cata has been home for the weekend, celebrating her birthday and Christmas with us. Last night, us girls went to Chipotlé, where we got free burritos because Cata has connections. It's like the Spanish-Speaking-Network, and I'm told Andrea also gets free food there because she is recognized as "Cata's sister." Hah. Then we went to Old Navy and World Market so Cata could use the gift cards Andrea and I got her, and of course I spent money I didn't need to, but I found a sweater that reminded me of the white cable knit one Cameron Diaz wore in "The Holiday," and found a pretty Indian print scarf which is delectably soft. Cata will head back to Iowa tomorrow, but I'm glad we've gotten to spend some quality time with her.

The global warming trend has kind of stopped and it's been really quite cold outside the past few days. It's all of six degrees right now, which means I'm going to have to dry my hair before going out to pick up something for our hostess tonight—S and I were invited to dinner at a friend's, and I want to get a bottle of sparkling grape juice or something (no idea if she drinks).

Right now, I'm going to try to finish sewing together some sweater pieces and see how that goes.

1 comment:

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

I wish I had Chipotle connections ... because I LOVE Chipotle. G-d strike me down ...