Friday, January 26, 2007

Like regular chickens

Well, I think I'm done with the rough draft of my paper, which I am tentatively titling, "The Reference Interview: Perspectives, or, How do we know the patron really wants?" I, of course, think this is brilliant. I drew out a thought-map today at work to gather my ideas into one cohesive piece of...something. It worked. Or anyway, I think it worked. Only my actual grade on it will tell.

When I got home this evening, I just sat down (after eating some Lays Sour Cream and Onion potato chips) and gathered my quotes and wrote the thing up. I messed with it a little, reordering some paragraphs, adding some more perspectives of reference librarians I asked at work about the issue, and generally retooling the whole thing, putting in a new introduction and writing a kind of blah conclusion that works for the time being. I then ate a burrito from Chipotlé since Andrea called on her way home from work and asked if I wanted one. What a silly question. So, I'm feeling strong, like I can do this, you know? I was having some paper esteem issues and didn't know what I was doing or why I ever thought I was good at it, and now I remember. Booyah!

This means that I get to go out tonight and have some fun with my former coworkers from American Corporate Bookstore Not-So-Anonymous, a.k.a. my BN Buddies. My sis and guy are coming along, and I think the evening may involve a little vodka, a little kahlua, and a little cream, in equal parts over ice. I'm waiting for S to show up as I type this, and Andrea is getting all snazzed up in her room, accessorizing to beat the band. My hands are cold, so I am now done typing.

No comments: