Wednesday, January 10, 2007

So this is the new year, and I have no resolutions

I've decided that, since last years resolutions went pretty well, I'm not going to do any for this year.

Yes, that's right. My resolutions were so good, I don't need them this year. I am going to keep my poster of resolutions and, instead of adding resolutions, I am going to add some necessary goals.

Last years resolutions:

1. Enjoy the small things
2. Don't take anyone for granted
3. Pay down credit card bill to zero
4. Laugh danger in the face (try new things)
5. Jeans jeans jeans
(that's just never not going to be funny, let's fave it and not move on)
6. play hard, study harder (truly
7. Don't fall into bad habits
8. Listen to more new music
9. Use Netflix less; spend more time with friends
10. Cultivate wisdom
11. This one goes to eleven
12. Pray, then pray some more
13. This number is not unlucky; be less superstitious; God knows all; Have faith and trust in Him alone

I accomplished #9 very easily when S was here, but less so when he was gone in Alaska. I don't think I really did #7, in that I did try to stop biting my nails again, but I'm not doing very well at it lately. Numbers 10 and 12 kind of go hand in hand in my mind, and I'm constantly working on that. And #3 is done and done, to the point that I opened a sweet ING savings account in November and have stashed quite a bit of cashola already before the new year. I also kind of did #8, but mainly focused on the few artists I discovered and really, truly loved, like José Gonzales and the Wailin' Jennys. I definitely did #4, as I had a total of three job interviews and, with S, had a long-distance relationship that was fully functional and healthy and survived more than six months of being apart.

So the goals for 2007 are as follows:
1. Add as much money as possible to my savings account
2. Do as well as possible in my grad classes
3. Keep my mind and heart open
4. Love S the best I can
5. Love God the best I can

No comments: