Monday, April 02, 2007

Sort of a note to self for work: on virtual content

The director of the library just approached me while I was on break to mention two items for me to bring to the next Virtual Services Team meeting, of which I am a member.

-Hennepin County Library's Bookspace offers recommendations, personalized lists, online bookclubs, and just has a really beautifully done website. We've discussed online bookclubs in the past, but this website is fantastic compared to what our library currently offers.

-Las Vegas-Clark County Library District's MyLibraryDV as part of their eMedia offers video on demand, which looks interesting. Would be especially useful if it involved popular titles which garner many requests, but I'm not sure that's the case.

I love when the director reads something and thinks, "I should tell Beth!"

No comments: