Wednesday, December 20, 2006

One of the worst days ever!!!

So, since the last time I blogged, a few hours ago, everything has gone to crap. First, S came over, which was very nice, even though we aren't going to be able to volunteer with Toys for Tots today, as mentioned in my previous entry, it was good to see him. Moments later, I opened my mail. Bad idea. Apparently, when I had my annual physical a few months back, and I thought it would be nice to get tested for sexually transmitted diseases (you never know! you hear things about toilet seats!), that's gonna cost me $475! Nearly five hundred dollars for an STD test I didn't need. That's right, folks, I'm a member of the V Squad! They shouldn't even allow virgins to ask for STD tests.

P.S. I have evaded HIV yet another day.

Then, I decided to bake Christmas cookies for people at work. I started mixing up the batter for my now-famous Chocolate Espresso Balls. Then I realized we only had one egg, and I needed two. Rather, I needed two egg yolks. So S and I went to the grocery store and the liquor store to get eggs and wine for Christmas presents, and while S paid for the eggs and I went to get the wine, on the way from the grocery store to the liquor store, S was nearly run over by a car in the parking lot. Don't kill my boyfriend, please, I'm quite fond of him, really!

We got home, finished making the cookies, had a nice conversation about this book S is reading and about sexuality and Christianity and other interesting things. We got a tray of the cookies baked, and then I loaded up a plate with them and was in the middle of eating a sandwich for lunch as we went out to the car. Which wouldn't start. I added oil, thinking maybe it was low, but the battery is probably dead. So I called my coworker who was expecting to see me today, and maybe S and I can just stop in tomorrow with the cookies and then go to Toys for Tots.

To recap: STD test I didn't need which cost me an arm and a leg, no eggs, car wouldn't start. I don't know if the day can get worse. Check back for an update!!

1 comment:

jessrings said...

That totally stinks, Beth. Why in the world would they have done that unless you wanted it? Sounds shifty, yet it's prob another way that health care gets a few extra bucks. Well, I'm sure your Christmas will be that much better knowing that you don't have AIDS. See you later today, Jess.