Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Karma police, arrest this girl

Why oh why did I think it was a good idea to take a two hour nap from 7pm to 9pm tonight? Oh heck. My blog is turning into a sleep journal.

Trying to get through "Fall on Your Knees" by Anne-Marie MacDonald, but I have 100 pages to go and I think my friends are still on for meeting tomorrow to discuss. It's like homework, and I'm dragging because, while the book is somewhat interesting, it really hasn't grabbed me.

Lots of talking to S lately, discussing who knows what. He's reading some sci-fi books he had to buy since they were only $2 each, and I think we have a tentative verbal contract to exchange my viewing of the "Dune" miniseries for him seeing the "Pride & Prejudice" miniseries. I think the only thing that could possibly make me a better girlfriend for him is if I willingly, or even excitedly, enjoyed science fiction media with him. I don't know if this would ever actually happen, but if I have managed to find a man willing to watch Jane Austen adaptations, then I am happy beyond all measure.

1 comment:

Repressed Librarian said...

I was really into Fall On Your Knees, and it stayed with me for weeks because it was so disturbing.