Friday, May 04, 2007

Summary of San Francisco

My boyfriend and I got back from San Francisco on Tuesday evening and are back to work as usual, except that I don't have class for a couple weeks here.

The trip was a great time, and when asked what the best part of it was, I said, "Being with S." He made an excellent travel partner, even when I was not at my best or in a very good mood. We got so sore walking up and down hills and all over the city (our luck with the bus system didn't kick in until Saturday) that our routine was foot massages each evening.

We went to Chinatown, Japantown, Haight-Ashbury, the Tenderloin (kind of scary even in full daylight), and inadvertently wound up in North Beach a number of times without planning to, which became our running joke. We saw Golden Gate Park and hung out on Hippie Hill, and walked along Marina Boulevard and enjoyed the architecture. We visited the Japanese Tea Garden, Huntington Park (my favorite little park), and Union Square.

We went to the Asian Art Museum, the de Young museum, the Exploratorium (their equivalent to the Science Museum of Minnesota, but more interactive), and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. We went to Alcatraz on my birthday and it was cold and windy but really interesting. We saw Ocean Beach, the Sutro Baths ruins, and ate a number of really excellent little places. We had a lot of Chinese and Japanese food, and some awesome pasta on my birthday, and even ate steak at a little French bistro. We shopped and got cool souvenirs for ourselves and our families.

I posted all the best photos on Facebook (more than 300 photos!), and I will add the links here for all to see once I get a chance. Steve was a shutterbug, and had it not been for him, I don't think we'd have all the great shots we do. What a great guy, and what a great vacation.

Album 1, which includes our first days.

Album 2, which includes Alcatraz.

Album 3, which includes more Alcatraz and Golden Gate Park.

Album 4, which includes our Sunday in the City.

Album 5, which includes a lot of random things.

Album 6, which includes our last days.

No comments: