Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I'm not sorry if you're not sorry

I know I don't complain about S on this blog. I really try not to complain about him at all, since mostly he's wonderful to me.

The thing about S is that he isn't perfect, but I love him so much, I try not to hold his faults against him. I forgive him the way he forgives me. He isn't timely, and sometimes really frustrates me, and criticizes me in ways that bother me, but I know he's ultimately trying to help. He is a great boyfriend, and I never take him for granted.

Thanks, S, for being so good to me, and so good for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I hope you someday learn how to interpret his criticisms in a manner that would allow for personal growth on your part. And by the by, it helps when you actually listen to the criticism instead of focusing on the tone of voice.

Beth said...

That's what I mean when I say that I know he's trying to help--he doesn't use a critical tone of voice at all. But sometimes he is the typical man and tries to "fix" the "problem," when sometimes it's just better to listen and let me vent.

And by the way, it helps if you leave an actual name/e-mail address when you comment. :)