Friday, June 15, 2007

Just an idea, really

I got an e-mail from my school, saying that they are going to be offering four graduate assistantships in the Masters of Library and Information Science department, helping four professors with different projects. One is helping a professor proofread her self-published textbook.

As soon as I read it, I decided to apply. Who knows how many applicants there will be, but I took that professor's class and told her I would volunteer to help edit the thing if she wanted help. Now it's being listed as a 10 hour a week job for $10/hour. Not bad at all. I know there are a lot of writers/editors in the program already, but the ones I've met already work full time. Not the case for me. I know I could be really helpful, and would probably learn a lot in the process.

Fingers crossed and all of that!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice going, Beth! I hope you enjoy doing it, and it's nice to get paid to do something that's going to help your career too.

Melanie said...

good luck! sounds right up your alley. those days as a copy editor may end up paying off :)!

Jenny said...

Good luck. That sounds like an awsome opportunity.